From the initial selection weekend through the training camps, fundraising efforts and the trip itself I hope to regularly report on progress along the way.

Friday 11 April 2014

BALLOONS!!!

Time has flown by and in two weeks I will be taking part in the 2nd training camp on my journey to Japan. Since February, we have been given another fundraising task:

Every member's persuasion skills were put to the test when we were told we had to sell as many balloons as possible. On St George's Day the unit will be releasing balloons, the owner of the balloon that travels the furthest will win £50 in high street vouchers and the member of the unit that sold that balloon will also receive £50 off their jamboree total. 

Today I sold my 105th balloon and am still selling! My original target was about 50 balloons however I took it every where I went and that target was easily smashed. Teachers, neighbours, friends and many other people from my local rowing and rugby clubs contributed. 
If you would like to buy a balloon, please contact me, thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment